WE ARE HIRING!
Candidates must be located in San Francisco Bay Area and can adapt to a hybrid model of working out of our office in Castro Street and remote work.
Vision, plan and execute programs, events and collaborations centering Transgender Gender Non-Conforming Intersex(TGNCI) Immigrant and Asylee populations of California,with a focus to those in San Francisco Bay Area.
Lead fundraising and donor engagement efforts to support PARIVAR BAY AREA.
Manage and coordinate program tracks, community engagements and cohort activities for the organization
Manage and monitor social media presence and engagement strategies with served populations, connected partners and rest of the team at Center for Immigrant Protection,
Develop and maintain a successful referral program to support Transgender Immigrant individuals to create a sense of social inclusion and belonging in San Francisco Bay Area and in California as such.
Conduct outreach activities and build partnerships to engage with the Transgender Gender-Non Conforming Intersex immigrant and asylee communities effectively.
Project Management: Ability to plan, execute, and oversee projects effectively.
Event Planning: Experience in organizing and managing events.
Fundraising: Proficiency in fundraising strategies for nonprofit organizations.
Program & Cohort Management: Skills in organizing and coordinating groups of individuals.
Social Media Management: Knowledge of social media platforms and engagement tactics.
Referral Program Development: Ability to create and manage referral programs.
Outreach Skills: Strong communication and networking skills for community outreach.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Social Work, Public Policy, Business Administration).
Grassroots community organizing skills including managing budgets and mobilizing communities.
Experience in project and program management within the nonprofit or relatable sector(s)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a keen sense of team spirit.
Knowledge of the LGBTQIA+ immigrant community, TGNCI community and preferably with lived experience and advocacy for the served populations.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
CELEBRATING 5 YEARS OF
PARIVAR BAY AREA
In January, we proudly celebrated our 5th Anniversary! ParivarBayArea was founded on January 26, 2019 by Anand Vedawala, Sanjeev Chahal and Anjali Rimi.
With love and support from you, it has been an honor to be:
- The first Transgender-led Transgender-center organization led by Hijrah & Kinnar global south culturally diverse trans identities in the U.S.
- Hosting TGNCI+ centering support group “Robaroo” at our Castro office with LGBT Asylum Project and hold community roundtables “Charcha”.
- Leading the SF LGBT COVID relief coalition of 22 organizations serving over 3000 local LGBTQ+ folx in 9 counties.
- Delivering Trans global disaster relief across India, Guyana & Bangladesh saving over 90,000 Trans Hijrah livesd
- Scaling "SITALparivar," the world’s largest transgender entrepreneurship program in India with 19 livelihood small scale businesses.
- Hosting over 120 events/spaces centering Trans Queer Joy and working with elected officials.
- Received over 13 awards for our advocacy and grassroots work
- Be the first SouthAsian Trans-led Organization to be fiscally supported by the state of California, City and County of San Francisco, foundations and corporate partners.
- Be the first southasian organization to perform at Silicon Valley Pride, San Francisco Pride & Oakland Pride and to lead the San Francisco Transgender March.
- Serve on the leadership council for “US Transgender Survey” By National Center for Transgender equality for “TransSurvey 2022”.
- Creating San Francisco Transgender Symposiums, and see Nov 18th as “San Francisco Transgender Immigrants Day”
- Hosting Global South Transgender Immigrant TDOV, TDOR and to global Trans leaders in SF.
- Serving on the leadership council for California Transgender Policy Advocacy(CTPA) coalition.
- Helping the lives of over 50 Trans Queer Kinnar Hijrah Latinx Queer Asylees to America.
- Furthering our focus with “The LGBT Asylum Project” to further the legal and social betterment of Global South TGNCI+ and LGBQ+ Immigrants and Asylees to USA under “Center for Immigrant protection.”
- Created TGNCI emerging leader program and secured employment/ opportunity for 14 TGNCI folx across 2 cohorts.
ParivarBayArea is proud to join the leadership council for Calfornia TGI Policy Alliance
Read our newsletters
Our monthly newsletter will keep you up to date with everything we're doing, from events and celebrations to news of our work around the world.